Sagritara School was established in 1968 by Rev. Fr. Mariano Dias, sfx, the superior of the Mission and Deans of Andaman & Nicobar Islands to cater education to the backward, Adivasi (Tribal) children from Chotanagpur – Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha, Chattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh. It is an Unaided Christian Minority Educational Institution, which belongs to the Diocese of Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands; is recognised by the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions, Government of India (vide F.No. 1152 of 2006, dated August 3, 2006 and managed by the Association of Catholic Andaman and Nicobar Islands, registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, bearing Registration No. 268, dated 6th February,1979.